Monday, June 25, 2012
My CONvergence 2012 Schedule
There are a lot of things that I'm looking forward to on the Schedule. Three highlights of mine:
- Marian Call, Mainstage Thursday 8:30 PM
- Sophie Aldred (Ace from Doctor Who) - especially her mainstage interview, and I've wanted her to come to Minneapolis since she was first in the series in the late 1980s.
- Dungeons & Dragons Next Playtesting - I doubt I'll get a chance to do this myself, but there will be a lot of opportunities to playtest the upcoming version of the definitive fantasy role playing game, and I hope people have a lot of fun with it.
- Convergence Events Open Meeting (Thursday, 9:30 AM)
- Learn about what CONvergence Events is working on outside of CONvergence. If you love the convention, here is your chance to enjoy our events all year round!
- The Avengers (Saturday, 11:00 AM)
- By the time the convention arrives, we will know if the combined testoserone on screen was a success or failure. Did Joss satisfy the faithful? Are we looking forward to a sequel or dreading it?
- If I Could Restart The Universe (Saturday, 12:30 PM)
- The 52 reboot gave DC writers the chance to build a new universe for their character. if you could build a new Comic universe for your favorite character, what would you do?
- Conventions Beyond CONvergence (Saturday, 2:00 PM)
- There are a lot of other conventions out there from the large Dragonconand Comiccon, the historic Worldcons, and conventions like Diversicon, Arisia, or Capricon in every city around the country. What makes each unique?
- Matt Smith Continued (Saturday, 5:00 PM)
- The Doctor, River, Rory and Amy Pond returned to do battle with The Silence and all manner of other things that go bump in the cosmos. Discuss your favorite moments from the second half of Matt Smith's second season!
- Once Upon a Time (Sunday, 12:30 PM)
- This show remixes fairy tales with a modern take for weekly television. What makes this show such a huge success?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]